Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vegan Anyone......

I have decided to join an amazing women Heather from Beauty That Moves on a 30 Day Vegan Adventure in March! I see this adventure as a perfect way to "reset" my body....with wholefoods, fruits & veggies. I figure the inside needs just as much, if not more, attention as the outside! Recently we have been cutting done on our meat consumption and when we do enjoy meat, it is always from a local trusted farm! We tend to eat a lot of fruit, veggies and our family loves all kinds of grains. We do our best to eat the best foods we can; local, organic foods that are not tainted by chemicals. So when I received the invitation to join this month long journey I didn't think twice. I want to do it for the benefits for my body but also the focus it will take to carry out through the month. To re-focus my mind and be conscious of where I am and what I am doing. I have lost a little bit of that through the years, totally on my own accord.....okay maybe not TOTALLY....I do have five children!!! I am looking forward to the challenge to be committed to something for me and my health, I have always felt so selfish for doing things "for me" but I realize that in order to the best for my family , I need to be the best for me!! Yay....I am excited and I'll keep you all posted on my progress!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow this journey with you! I used to eliminate meat for a month...but I could never go vegan (I love cheeses too much!!)! I can't wait to hear about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane...I am thinking Cheese & Butter are going to be my personal struggle!! I do love me some cheese and of course you can never go wrong with a hunk of butter!!

    ReplyDelete