Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Real Reason......

The entire reason I started this new blog was directly associated with one single event in my life. It will act as an outlet to share all the things I see so differently now. This event occurred on February 8Th! An opportunity to do something so "out-of-the-box" for me; something I had never really even considered. I had admired the others who were braver than me and had done it and thought how beautiful they were. So let me back-up to where I had met this person who convinced me that I was more than worth doing this.....Diane!! She is a photographer who I had seen and met briefly at and around the market, we became friends on Facebook and eventually I offered to do a photo shoot with my family this summer at Lake Compounce for her. We had a blast and quickly became pretty humorous friends on Facebook!! I could always count on her for at least one good laugh a day, usually many more!! I had been following her photos and blog because she is amazing at what she does. Her photos capture the real story behind the picture....it is like looking into the life of the picture. You don't just see a picture of a bride & groom, you see the absolute love and admiration between this new husband and wife, the excitement and pure anticipation from the pregnant couples, the endless possibilities in the eyes of the new babies and the beauty and self confidence of the Boudoir women she photographs. We had teased back and forth for a while about getting a set of photos done for my husband for weeks, maybe even months?? I conceded and figured I would get a few head shots done.....well once I started thinking about it the more I became excited! When I went for my photos I was greeted with a huge smile, big hug and a kiss on the cheek..."I am so glad you are here"!! I was so nervous, but boy did we have fun and by the end of the shoot I couldn't believe I had really done it...it was a rush! I felt something I hadn't felt in a long time...beautiful! My husband tells me often that he still thinks I am beautiful, but it is something different to really feel it and believe it for yourself. When Diane emailed me the photos I was surprised that I wasn't too critical on myself because she had done such a nice job at capturing who I was missing for so many years...ME! When I look at these pictures I see possibility, empowerment, self~confidence and a women who deserves to be more. I see so much more than I have seen in a very long time. So THANK YOU, Diane, you have opened my eyes, actually you have given me "New Eyes"!

And the things I see with these new eyes are endless......

2 comments:

  1. OMG - I just saw this post!! You gave me chills! THANK YOU for allowing me the chance to reveal the real you!! <3 you, Tricia! So glad we've become friends!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better myself! Lovely Blog from a fellow blogger! Keep on enjoying YOU!

    ReplyDelete