Thursday, March 17, 2011

A change in the Weather.....

Well.... today the weather was beautiful and tomorrow is suppose to be even better! I have a love hate relationship with Spring!! I love the warmer weather but oh my how I despise the mud! Oh well we deal with it, right? I am still enjoying my Vegan journey and I am impressed at how my body has accepted these changes in my diet. I feel more connected - both good and bad - to every situation I am in. I feel calmer under pressure and more confidant in speaking my mind. I was surprised this weekend when we went out just how few options there are for people who are avoiding meat let alone dairy......I did get a yummy Veggie Burger sans the cheese. I loved the look on the women's face when my 6 year old proudly stated "She will have NO cheese because she is a Vegan"!!!! I wondered if she would have been more accepting or more apathetic if I had said I had an allergy to dairy? I thought about how difficult it must be for someone who CAN'T have dairy...the simplest thing like a cup of coffee....imagine if it weren't a choice, very interesting to me. Hey.....what if I was a Vegetarian who was allergic to dairy?? So this is my case and point about Speaking my Mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment